ASSP Gulf Coast North Section Meeting
- February 20, 2020
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Topic What?!?! Why did they do that?
Please join us Thursday, February 20, 2020, at Pallotta’s Italian Grill as we host Norman Ritchie in a discussion about human performance as it pertains to incident investigations.
- Human performance is a factor in many incidents
- Appropriate and effective corrective actions can be developed
- Learning from incidents can be measured
Five Principles of Human Performance (from https://incident-prevention.com/ip-articles/human-performance):
- People are fallible, and even the best make mistakes.
- Error-likely situations are predictable, manageable and preventable.
- Individual behavior is influenced by organizational processes and values.
- People achieve high levels of performance-based largely on the encouragement and reinforcement received from leaders, peers, and subordinates.
- Events can be avoided by an understanding of the reasons mistakes occur and the application of the lessons learned from past events.
This should be a great discussion about one of the key dilemmas affecting safety professionals – why did they do that?
11:30am – Doors Open/Networking, Lunch
12:00pm – Meeting
Venue: Pallotta's Italian Grill